Thursday, July 15, 2004

I cut my hair off about a month ago. I haven't had it this short since I was 14. I considered shaving or buzzing it all, but opted for something less extreme. It was still a pretty drastic change. I did it because:
  • My heart was broken. It was an act of greiving, sort of.
  • I was angry. I wanted to die, but decided that cutting the hair would be a less destructive expression.
  • It was also sort of a starting over, cutting off the old stuff, turning a new page sort of thing.
  • There was also an element of denying my femininity, desexing myself. I chose a man's haircut.
  • Finally, I figured that I'd probably be alone for the rest of my life, so there was little sense in being attractive anymore. One of the prime reasons for long hair was that guys tend to like it. No guy in sight, why hassle with it any longer?? So, sort of a surrender.


Irony can be so sweet.........

There is some kind of a saying, either Buddhist/Zen or Judaic, to the effect that when you strive after something.. it becomes elusive, or that when you cease looking for it, chasing it, then you find it.

It's very true.

:smiling deeply from my soul:

No comments:

Post a Comment