Friday, April 08, 2005

OK, let's get one thing straight from the start here: rejection is never nice. It never feels good. That having been said, I think it hurts more to be rejected by a guy than it does to be turned away by a girl.
Here's why:
  • Women tend to be fickle. We all know that.
  • They also tend to be emotional and to want love.
  • Therefore, it may be that their heart hasn't connected yet. That's bearable, isn't it?
  • Also, if they turn down a fling, woemn do have more at stake: possible pregnancy, their 'reputation' and even physical harm.
  • When a woman turns down a guy, she's turning down the possibility of bearing his child. You have to feel pretty secure to want to do that.
  • With a guy, bedding a lot of girls is proof he's a stud (among his peers, at least).
  • He doesn't have to worry about getting pregnant, and he isn't as likely to be raped by a girl.
  • With guys, they are hardwired for sex and lots of it.
  • That's not to say that they don't feel love, they do....but they can easily enjoy it without the love.
  • Besides, some guys will screw just about anything that has a hole. Old ladies get raped. They get off on *pictures* for godssake.
  • So, I mean, if a guy doesn't want you, at all, something is seriously wrong with you.
Of course, it could also be that the males are evolving to be more conscientious. I suppose that's possible.
______________________________________________________________________________

I went to the store this evening, and I was in a good mood. Scattered, but Ok. I saw some people I know, and as always, it took me several seconds (him) and a tad longer (her) to recognize them. Actually, I wouldn't have noticed her without him. He's easier to tell apart from the general populace. Nothign personal at all, I'm just that way. I often walk right past people I know without even seeign them. When they say hello, alarms go off...I feel confused...who the hell is this? They look like they know and like me. Who are they?? So anyway, I see these people, and he's very, very friendly and extraverted. He smiles hugely, showing his gums and lots of teeth, his glasses flash...and he asks if I saw his picture in the paper. I have just processed who it is, context and all that, and then it takes me a moment to process what he just said. Paper...picture? Whose picture? His and hers! :-D Paper? Paper? :scratching head: Local paper! :-D Oh. I don't buy the paper. That's why I haven't seen it. Hmmm. I will look. Nonono!! The *free* paper, don't you get it? :-D Oh! yes, I get it. I didn't look at it yet. OK, I will look. :smiles:

Meanwhile, she looks very pissed, stares at my shirt and gives me a very dirty look, and if I can read a look, it's intense. It has to be. :Me, looks at shirt, looks back at her: My shirt is plain blue, comfortably snug so I know where it is. Nice blue, I like it. What's wrong? She says to him, "That's OK dear, don't bother her with it. She hasn't seen it.", in a very snippy, snotty voice. I say good bye to he and he waves bye in a rather naive but friendly fashion. Nice guy. Why's she such a bitch?

And I have absolutely NO idea what I did wrong. This kind of thing happens to me all the time. I try to tell myself that I don't care, and I don't....much.... But it niggles at me, anyway. Maybe someone told them something bad about me? :shrug: I just have no idea at all. Is it because I don't care much about people except when they're right in front of me, for the most part? I am friendly when they're there.....and isn't that what matters? :stumped:

No comments:

Post a Comment