Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I just do not get why people seem to think that eating gluten free is so difficult. Are they terribly dependent on pre-made, processed foods, or is it the bread and starchy stuff? The only thing I ever really crave is pizza, and Winter Ridge makes great GF pizzas that even have pesto sauce on them! It has gotten to where I prefer the texture of the gluten free stuff.

Maybe it's because I love rice (having been raised on jasmine rice at grandma's house!). If I couldn't ever have rice, then I'd be pretty unhappy. Speaking of which: Common Knowledge (tea house/bookstore) has little bowls of brown rice, which is what I eat for breakfast when I'm there....but yesterday that asked me if I wanted "Skoosh" on it. I said, "what???", and they said something about sesame seeds, so I said, "sure, ok, whatever, I'll try it". I like the plain brown rice all by itself, but you know, why not? Well, that skoosh (pretty sure it's not spelled that way) is fantastic. It has sesame seeds, flaxseed, pumpkins seeds, sunflower seeds, and I don't know what else. It is so, so, good. I am now motivated to ferret out what is in it and to start blending my own. It has a rich, creamy taste and flavor, like cheese, only different and better...it's like a sauce that they put in /with the rice.

It has been a variable kind of day....started out OK, got sucky fast, and a slow climb back to feeling OK....but tomorrow I get the rest of my glazed stuff, so hopefully....there are going to be two nice fish that I'll have to post pictures of.

No comments:

Post a Comment