Sunday, March 14, 2004

Just about brain-dead... Tomorrow I've got to go to the food bank and get some food. I haven't had an entire day off work since the 4th, and I've missed going to the food bank for almost a week. It shows- it really, truly, does. I cannot think without nourishment feeding the old brain cells. Fridge is just about empty, cupboards have dry goods- beans, whole wheat kernels, that sort of thing; not helpful when you come home hungry after working and eating only one sandwich and a few grapes all day. I cannot compehend why anyone in their right mind would think I would want to continue living my life in this way year after year, when just making it through a week is an ordeal....

Delilah had her C-section: I had to take her all the way through Sandpoint for it, the local vet wouldn't do it. Hefty bill and two lovely doelings and a buck kid to show for it. I'll retire her now. :-)

Reflecting: I've played chess with a lot of people. I cannot recall playing even one woman. All my opponents have been male. Why is that? It's such a cool, beautiful game. Oh, I may have played my sister when we were in our early teens...I can't remember. I know I played my brother on a regular basis. I don't think she liked chess. Do women not enjoy chess? :ponders:

No comments:

Post a Comment