Monday, October 02, 2006

I'm always stirring up the shit. I think it's because I'm both terrified and contemptuous of complacency. I'd rather risk a bit of a reputation for constantly bringing up things people want left alone, or pointing out flaws, than to see people fall into ruts and stay there. Plodding along in the same old modes of thought day after day...not because it's the best way, but simply because it's comfortable and they're lazy. They're not going to take a fresh look at what they do or even stop to think about it unless someone goads them into it. That mindset (set? "concrete" might be a better term!) annoys the hell out of me, so I'm willing to risk a little dislike to poke them into seeing another point of view or stopping to question the M.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment