Wednesday, February 16, 2011

MMMmmmmmm.......... I am eating the best dinner right now. Plantains with cold jasmine rice. Doesn't sound very good? Well, I like jasmine rice soooo much that I will eat it cold. I will even eat it for breakfast sometimes.

What I did:

Cut up 4 plantain bananas, diagonal slices. Melted 3-4 Tablespoons of butter in a skillet and put the sliced plantains in it. Then I poured orange juice to cover and sprinkled a few dashes of saigon cinnamon and I simmered it for awhile. Then it seemed to be missing something, so I thought I would get rid of one of the last cans of horrible "lite" coconut milk, so I dumped it in there. I mean, bananas, oranges, and coconuts are all tropical, so they must go together right? lol.... And I simmered it until the sauce was caramelized onto the slices of plantains and the plantains were tender but still firm.

And am eating it with rice. Mmmmmm.......

No comments:

Post a Comment