Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Ugh, I feel all whiny.

:Trying really hard to redirect:

Tomorrow I need to glaze the bisqued pottery and finish the (hmmm, it needs a name) scary loooking fish. I wonder what it would look like if I made a fish that was ummmm, lonely.

It was such a nice overcast day today...and then it decided to hail, which wasn't so nice and made me glad I hadn't planted anything outside yet. Inside, I have chammomile, lettuce, broccoli, kale, and calendulas germinating.

The lady who owns Monarch Mountain liked some of the new stuff I brought in. I thought I would mind selling my work, because a lot of it means stuff to me, but it seems that most of the time, the process of making the stuff gets whatever I am feeling out of my system, so after that, it's like...sort of like a part of the trail that I already walked on. Done with it. Boring.

I made a turtle which is like a turtle shaped box on legs; the upper shell lifts off to reveal the compartment. It's fairly large, about 12" long and 8-9" high...I don't know how wide. I think I am going to stick with fish for the most part though, because I am still refining technique on them, getting smoother seams, fewer body wrinkles, better lips, more expressive eyes, fins that are delicate without breaking off, etc. Besides, there are so many kinds of fish, and they have such wonderfully expressive faces. I just took out two library books- Marine Life of the Pacific Northwest and The Intertidal Wilderness. I wanted one with deep sea fish, but it was checked out.

And I checked out a few Melissa Etheridge CDs, which probably wasn't the best choice. I need something else, something different. Robert Plant?

No comments:

Post a Comment