Saturday, August 20, 2011

Random stuff:
  • I don't think there's any hope for me. Not saying this because I'm sad....but because it's true.
  • And I don't know what to do anymore. You told me to take care of myself and I've been trying as hard as I can to do that....although the dark side of me says that you didn't even mean it, it was just a polite, cliche thing to say. And I'll keep trying, but in all honesty, it seems pretty pointless sometimes...a lot of times.
  • Mickinnick sucks during the summer. I would not have guessed that a trail that is so interesting in the middle of winter could be so terribly dull in the summer, but I hate it. It's hot and sunny and dry with very little variety in plant life. Sooo.....
  • Gold Hill--->It doesn't take much imagination to see that it'd *suck* during the winter, but right now....the only way it could be better is if it were situated on the Pacific coast with mists, fogs, mushrooms, epiphytic ferns and so on...oh, and the sound of the ocean in the far background. I found saprophytic orchids...some other saprophyte....a lot of lichens to draw....and when I got to the top at last, I found what it felt like to really smile again. :-)
  • There have got to be other trails right under my nose as well....in an area like this, there must be others that don't entail driving for an hour. Monday, get maps from Forest Service.
  • And then there's my canoe. It's about time for me to learn the fine art of repairing fiberglass.....

No comments:

Post a Comment