Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Last night I got stuck in what has become a nearly impassable driveway thanks to someone else driving over it repeatedly until it all turned into soft, slimy mud (the rain didn't help, either...but at least it wasn't snow). Surprisingly, my son and I managed to get it out. Unsurprisingly, I discovered half a mile after leaving the driveway that the muffler had been ripped off in the process of getting stuck/unstuck. By this time, my son was no longer with me and I struggled for some time to tie it back up...unsuccessfully since I couldn't feel anything to tie it to. Besides, it was disconnected on both ends. I was nearly in tears when my friend showed up and helped me with it. Today my son informed me that a tree about a foot in diameter has fallen across the driveway. :-/ Ugh, ugh, ugh....and it isn't snowing yet.....

ETA: Forgot the part about falling waist deep into an abruptly discovered sinkhole of cold water at the edge of the driveway whilst trying to get the vehicle unstuck....

No comments:

Post a Comment