Monday, June 02, 2003

It's taken a day or so to recover from the goat show. In all honesty, I can't figure out why I wanted to go to it! It was a lot of work, a lot of stress, cost a lot of money, and there were a lot of people there. True, there were people that I enjoyed seeing again, but still...large groups of humans are something I don't tolerate well, especially if it involves some sort of performance. Well, it could be worse; I could be a goat judge, and then I'd have to stand up there and actually say something in front of all those people, and make sense, besides! And then have people grumble and gripe about what I said! ~~shudder~~


The bright side of the thing is that we got a new herd sire, and I am very happy with him. He has good conformation and I think he will be the right man for the improvements that we need. This is in addition to having a very endearing and heart warming personality- which is a good thing because the last two days have been so wretched that I think I'd consider going out of goats entirely if I hadn't just invested in this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment