Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The funniest thing that's happened to me in a long time:

I was at the airport picking up my son, and I saw an older gentleman reaching to pick off a half-grown praying mantis off the back of another man (who was grateful, for some reason I couldn't figure out!). I immediately said "Oh, I've wanted one of those since I was a kid!", but the men acted like they hadn't heard me, and he stuck it outside. Well, right then my son arrived, and we hurried outdoors to go and get that mantis. I let it climb up me, and then we had to wait inside again for the baggage. Well, pretty soon it started to climb up my neck, and the crawly sensation on my neck was more than I could take, so I encouraged it to sit on my head instead. People kept arriving at the baggage claim area, and I began to notice that I was receiving a lot of stares and glances, but then they'd politely look away! I wasn't too surprised when a sweet older lady came up and said "Excuse me, but did you know that you have a GREAT BIG BUG on your head???" LOL!!! I told her that yeah, I knew, I'd always wanted one and I was going to take it home. :-) She said OK, smiled, and retreated just as nicely. I was beginning to fear that somebody might come up and try to smash it "for me"...but all they did was to stare.

LOL....I am so glad it wasn't a snake or something horrid....

No comments:

Post a Comment