Wednesday, August 16, 2006

You know, I take my work way too seriously. I should either lighten up or get a job where attention to detail means something. I've been trying to purge the house of the excess material items I don't need, but for crying out loud, it seems to me that for every item I get rid of, another gets in somehow. I am definitely getting rid of all the shoes that've been killing my feet and joints. I rediscovered a pair of Skechers that, while far from perfect, is less pain-inducing. Why did I ever quit wearing them? Because (silly me) I wore the laces out, tied them together, wore them out some more, and got disgusted and threw them into a corner of the room. I got new laces today and am feeling, uh....well, ridiculous. Happy, though. :-)

Yeah, I don't know. The idea of spending my life assisting people on their way towards heart failure, strokes, and obesity by cooking mass quantities of deep fried food is just sort of depressing. It's not what I wanted to do with my life, but right now, it's what I can get paid for. I guess there are all sorts of prostitution....

I don't really believe in such things as karma and reincarnation, but every so often, the notion is tempting. I mean, haven't you ever had things happen that seemed too strangely coincidental to be happenstance? A Buddhist friend of mine once told me that she didn't believe in the concept of a hell in an afterlife, she thinks that hell is right now, in this world. At the time, I laughed, because it seemed so funny and yet so true. and soemtimes I just sit and shake my head and wonder what *if* there have been other lives, what in the heck I did, how many hearts did I break, for things to go so badly in this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment