Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Current reading material:

Godless for God's Sake- Nontheism in Contemporary Quakerism

Voluntary Simplicity-toward a way of life that is outwardly simple, inwardly rich by Duane Elgin

An Omnivore's Dilemma Michael Pollan

The Gentle Art of Verbal Self Defense

Animals in Translation by Temple Grandin

The Blank Slate- the modern denial of human nature by Steven Pinker

Replenishing the Earth by Wangari Maathai, one of my heroes...she just died. :-(

And I just got some more books today, but they're still in the truck. Some counselor, psychologist, whatever, either died or went into a different field and sent all their books to the thrift store. Most of them were pretty dry and uninteresting....but not all of them, and there were other interesting books as well.

Also a friend gifted me with a scythe! I can't believe this! The shape is different than the one I used to use, but since I have used one before, it shouldn't be that hard to get used to.

And...what else. I don't know....think I am going to carve out time for a hike tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment