Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Just noticed: I haven't had any typical headaches since going gluten free. By typical, I mean those that are not induced by being so stressed that the muscles in my neck and at the base of my skull cramp up and those which are not caused by sinus congestion via crying. In other words, by "typical headache", I am talking about the garden variety headache, the kind I used to have all the time, the kind I used to hoard any leftover hydrocodone pills for, because tylenol usually does nothing.

I've had these headaches all my life. They have tormented me for years. They were severe enough and frequent enough that they occupy a prominent place in my memories of childhood. I've always disliked the color orange because that's the color the pain was- an orange that just would not go away for hours on end. And now they're gone.

This is such a relief; it's well worth never eating bread again.

No comments:

Post a Comment