Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I need to find something to do with my time while waiting for my kids during school. Can't afford to go back home and drive back to get them. Tired of sitting around and shopping to blow time. Went walking/running today (not very far) and that felt good. I decided that even though I don't have a horse, a bicycle, skis, or wood to split or stack, I still have my legs and shoes!! Used to run all the time; haven't since my parents restricted me from it. I don't know that running is my thing anymore, but since the list of alternatives is pretty damned short, it will have to do for now, and it certainly beats sitting around getting flabby. Some friends said something about giving me a mountain bike.....I will have to see about that. Bicycling is easier on the joints. But until then, it was nice to breathe the fresh air, see the plants and trees, to feel alive and in my body.

Tomorrow I can afford to go to class and get my hands into the clay again. Yes! I wanted to spend the winter break doing a lot of this, but instead, much of it got consumed with children and cleaning up after other people. Which is partly OK, I guess, but I still feel kind of shorted.

Oh! I got diverted; I was thinking that if I can find either a little piece of land to grow market/farm crops on (like a fourth of an acre) then I could do that on the days when I don't have to go to class but still have to be in town. Or, if I can find some kind of studio space....all it has to be is warm with access to water....then I could work on the clay and not have to worry about my work being destroyed by kids. I already applied for a job at the place I wanted to work for years....and obviously that would take precedence over th eother two options. Or...once summer comes on, I could do an apprenticeship at an orgnaic farm or market gardening operation......Nah. I don't want to be someone else's workhorse. I know how to grow things, and how to grow them well. Just need the space.

Anyway, hungry, so it must be time to blow money at a store! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment