Wednesday, January 12, 2011

People smell. Not necessarily bad smells, but everyone has a scent, and some days, like today, I can smell them more clearly than others. Could be because I'm at the library, a relatively neutral-scented area, which is to say, there are a lot of perfumes and scented products in the building itself, other than those carried in by the patrons themselves.

The lobby/entryway smelled like teen sweat and testosterone like it usually does, because so many teen boys hang out there after school, flirting with girls.

The first computer I sat at STANK like serious dirty house. I did not look to see if there was a smelly, unkempt looking person nearby from whom the odor was emanating. I just moved, quickly.

The person I am sitting next to now has a woodstove, smokes pot, and has a definite scent, although not offensive yet, just strong. If I had to guess I would say that water availability might be limited. I can understand that. I never noticed woodsmoke on other people when I was in a wood burning household. Now that I'm not, the scent carries a lot of nostalgia for me, and I notice certain woods more than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment