Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Came home to find that the former renter, who hasn't lived there for a year, came into the house and took a lot of stuff that I guess was his, including the bathtub. Yes, that's right, the bathtub. The health club's amenities are far more appealing to me anyway: shower, sauna, steam room, hot tub, pool, etc. But that's really not the point: to have some stranger going through my stuff and setting it aside, rearranging things, being in my space, feels highly invasive. Also I cannot stand the way this guy smells. It took weeks to get the smell of him out of the house, finally it has been smelling like home, and then he comes in and the house stinks like him all over again, ugh!!

But also, he's schizophrenic and has those crazy looking eyes. I know this from all the photos and various ID cards that were all over the place..... I have never met him and don't want to.

Clearly something has to change. I can't live like this, feeling anxiety and apprehension every time I come home, wondering if someone's been there, if someone might still be there, or if they might come back! I could not sleep all night, feeling hypervigilant for intruders, and the dogs kept barking at something out in the yard or woods. Changing the locks tonight and I guess if this continues, I will be forced to pursue legal measures. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment