Sunday, December 25, 2011

The kids had a great Xmas, but I am so glad it's over. I've been dreading Christmas for months. Now I have to try to get past February. Yes, the whole stinking month. The reason I renewed the gym membership was to get through the winter and Feb will be the worst.

I haven't talked much about the neuro-psych eval stuff that's been going on and I'm not going to here. That just seems unwise. However in relation to that, the person who is conducting this evaluation gave me a copy of this article to read. I found it interesting, of course...but more than that, frankly it hurts sometimes to read about how fucked up I am. And I know that's the wrong way to be looking at it, but realistically, is there any way, particularly at this point in my life, that I can not look at it that way?

And, the article says that aspies have "fascinating but unfunny humor". Ouch!!! I thought that I had a dry sense of humor, or maybe a warped or weird sense of humor, but unfunny and fascinating in the same way that a defective lab rat is fascinating? I'm standing here wincing. Humor is such an important characteristic to me in other people. I don't think it's possible for me to be really attracted to a guy without finding him funny....or a girl either. Not only funny, but it has to be the right sort of humor, the kind that makes me laugh every time I think of it again. :-) Like you.

lol...now I can't follow through on whatever it was that had me depressed about that. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment