Thursday, September 27, 2012

Well, the house is cleaner at least.....

Woke up to a flat tire. Started to change it, couldn't get the last nut off (note: remove top nuts first, not last!) despite trying with all of my (limited!) strength. I had collapsed into tears and cleaning frenzies alternately a few times when my friend showed up to help. :-)

And then......

And then he used an air gauge to check the tire pressure while we were fully inflating the spare tire. An air gauge! Imagine that! I never use one of those since I lost my blue one a few years ago. I just listen for that tight sound and eyeball the tires. Who needs an air gauge? Well....turns out I have been over-inflating them. That's why I'm so hard on tires. That's why they keep developing uneven wear and bubbles in the metal belt. They were over inflated by 10-15 lbs...and I hadn't aired them up in months. I had no idea that over-inflating tires was a bad thing.....

But I have managed to knock a few of the major tasks off of the to-do list since finally getting to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment