Saturday, May 05, 2012

Done (I think) with the abnormal psych class. I should get at least a B out of it. Trying to decide what to do for the Fall semester. If I'm going to go for a 4 year psych degree and learn how to do PLAY therapy for example...I need to first do some research, possible job shadowing, and figure out what is required academically and how to transfer to the other college.

Realistically I don't think I can make a living doing art, at least not right away, definitely cannot support myself with my current job, can't farm without at least being able to lease land and significant input before a profit would be realized. I loved this kind of work before and was pretty upset when it didn't work out due to scheduling conflicts and other issues....and not liking the way the agency I worked for was treating the clients...or me. I don't typically have a lot of problems with one on one social interactions, particularly with people I can relate to in some way. So it bears at least some looking into, because medical stuff typically requires chemistry and advanced math. I still miss some of the people I used to work with...other than farm work, it was the most personally satisfying job I've had. On the other hand, I cannot afford to invest two more years of school into this and have it not pan out...I need to be really sure about this before jumping into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment