Sunday, January 15, 2012

I am so frustrated!! That so-called loom that I tried to make doesn't work and it isn't going to work unless I want to spend HOURS separating strands of warp yarn that should be easily separated by the heddle and shed. I don't know where I went wrong but it is just not going to work. Now I have to decide whether I want to use the dowels to make an inkle loom or just wind my yarn up again and get some much needed practice knitting. A knitted scarf sounds so dull...so boring. I could bite off another big piece of trying to do something I don't know how to and attempt to learn how to knit cables....realistically there is no other way to learn this stuff other than trying.

sigh....

And the fleece is drying with crispy yellow tips on the locks. Yeah, crispy. One never thinks of wool as crispy but that is the only way to describe it. I think it needs to be washed and rinsed again. At least I did not felt it in the process of washing it! One can always rewash fleece whereas unfelting wool is impossible.

After checking out a bunch of quilting books that should have had the Storm at Sea pattern and did not, I finally located one that does..by looking in the index and table of contents of each and every book until I found one that had it. This is a classic pattern! I can't believe how hard it was to find...with the advent of rotary cutters, quilters are tending not to make quilts which require cutting pieces out by hand or angles that are tricky to make neatly on a sewing machine. I will be doing it all by hand....so it won't matter to me anyway.

So anyway...after all that enthusiasm, I am feeling a bit unproductive and inadequately skilled. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment