Saturday, January 28, 2012

Redirect---->

Good things:

I found a Pendleton wool suit, gray flannel, that fits me perfectly, at a thrift store yesterday. It cost a whopping $7.50. It is a jacket/skirt set. I had no skirts that weren't tie-dye, mini or for dancing...so it's nice to have one that's more respectable/dressy.

I found out that some of my quilting fabric was still stored at the house of my children's father! I haven't lived there for about 8 years...no wonder I haven't seen it for a while. I haven't looked through this stuff yet, but one of the boxes was of white, black and white prints and black fabric. It is very good to have found this.

I still have the dye that I bought to dye the wool before I found out that it's mostly for cotton. I have 2 yards of white fabric, a bunch of white T shirts to tie-dye, and hopefully there will be some more white fabric in this box which can also be dyed. Dyeing is so much fun. :-)

I need to dye the white fabric for the Storm at Sea quilt. There was no fabric in the colors of blue that I wanted at Ben Franklin. I need very pale blue, blue the shade of a winter sky on a sunny day and darker, more intense blues.

Being able to go to the gym alone yesterday was so incredibly nice. I need to start working out instead of frequenting the hot tub exclusively. I guess I am terribly self conscious about other people watching me go through movements, possibly ungracefully or ineptly. :-/ It would be good to overcome this and get the exercise....

Looking at Aubrey Beardsley's work this morning...he was so gifted.

Also, the artist friend (Hurley Dean) gave my son and I each a digital camera so that I can start uploading pictures of my work to Fine Art America. He says that they're outdated, worth only $5 on Ebay. For me though, having a functional digital camera to use instead of my cell phone is invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment