Monday, January 23, 2012

I don't know why, but baking makes me feel better. :-)

Never found a picture of the swallows quilt pattern, but here is Hidden Circles, one of the others that I am missing, except mine was more interesting because instead of white, the lighter areas were pale tie-dyed fabric. See all those pointy little triangles? It doesn't look like it, but there are hundred of them and they were a pain in the neck to cut out, keep separate from one another (they aren't all the same and using the wrong triangle in the wrong place screws things up) and piece. That was a lot of work. Grrrrr..... I am really hoping that when I go through the boxes in my closet yet again, I'll find it. It is only a quilt top; it doesn't have the batting or backing yet, because I hadn't decided on how to finish the border. See how the one in the picture looks as if the colored shapes are floating on white? If the border is colored, the same as the fabrics in the center, then the white melon shaped pieces appear to float on top of the color and it's as if you are looking through a lattice of these curved shapes to a deeper, more interesting layer beneath. If I ever find it or get it back, I'll post comparison pics to illustrate what I'm talking about.....

No comments:

Post a Comment