Friday, January 13, 2012

Washing the Shetland fleece right now. I went to the yarn store to see what laceweight yarn looks like (for that shawl that frankly, I don't have the skill to make yet). It is pretty thin. For what I want to make it will need to be thinner than that stuff. An idea: I could buy that yarn and make a shawl from it, perhaps for my daughter if there isn't enough in one skein for myself, to get the crochet technique down first...if it is crocheted. Maybe it has to be knitted...in which case I had better practice with regular sized yarn first, starting with that hat that I spun up all that yarn in so many colors for.

The spinning wheel fell through at the last minute, which is odd, because I'd had a dream this morning that it wasn't a good wheel for me to get. Huh.

I never did get to go to the hot tub because I spent about an hour talking to the owner of the yarn shop about fleece, the feasibility of getting local fleece and processing it into dyed roving to sell (via Etsy or other online venues because the locals here are unlikely to pay for it), etc. Then I got a haircut. I am not 100% happy with it but dammit, it was getting so out of control and unkempt! I was able to keep most of the length and once it gets a few inches longer it will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment