Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bought: a yarn ball winder. This is important because before today, I had to fill two bobbins with approximately equal amounts of yarn singles (a single strand of twisted yarn) and leave the last remaining bobbin empty to ply (combine two strands by twisting together in the direction opposite their original twist) onto. In other words, I had to devote days, sometimes, to a single type of yarn, which was really starting to bug me. Now I can spin whatever I want in whatever quantity, wind it off onto the ball winder and ply directly from the center pull balls that the yarn winder will make for me....a huge advance.

I also found some silk hankies, also known as mawata silk. Will try to remember to take a picture of these, as it is hard to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment