Saturday, March 17, 2012

I have to somehow get a grip and try to get on with my life. I'm always behind on things that need to be done. For example, I haven't finished doing my taxes or applying for financial aid. I have to move in June and have no leads on housing. It's mid March and I haven't germinated a single vegetable seed, because I don't know where to plant the transplants once the weather warms up.

I don't know how to explain to people that planning anything a month or two or even a few weeks in advance is abstract and almost surreal when you cannot see to the end of the week. I've been trying to plan little things here and there to look forward to....things like helping my friend (is she my friend? I really don't know. How many people are there who I think of as friends who don't think of me the same way??) shear her sheep. This weekend I'll be helping her out with another fiber/hand spinning related endeavor.

I have the books back that I wanted to do color studies from, so I'll try to work on that tomorrow, along with going to the Quaker meeting. Finish spinning the kid mohair tonight, ply it and start crocheting the shawl pattern I selected for it. This is a wide mobius strip shawl. With the lovely soft mohair, it will drape really nicely and feel very luxurious, soft and comforting. :-)

This is the trick: to make small goals, small things to look forward to.

And by the way: despite failing the (only) test due to internet outage mid-test, I am still getting a B in my Abnormal Psychology class. With the remaining tests and research papers (I can do more for extra credit), I'll be able to bring it up to an A fairly easily. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment