Thursday, March 22, 2012

This has been such a hard week. The main thing that's kept me going, all week, is that tomorrow and this weekend, I get to go to a fiber arts event with newfound friends.

I don't think of myself as social, but I have a lot of friends and acquaintances. I don't know if this is because I have a distinct aversion to rejecting people who makes overtures of friendship towards me or because I frequent places where people with similar interests are to be found or maybe precisely because I don't usually go out of my way to seek friends. I'm sort of like a cat who, if picked up or given attention, will happily purr or at least tolerate the attention and in the future, may walk up and rub up against a leg if the impression was favorable....or maybe just sit there and not run away if approached.

Maybe my social skills don't suck as badly as I thought they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment