Monday, June 16, 2003

I wish I could think of something witty and intelligent to say, but my mind is sort of on 'numb' mode right now...Called my dad yesterday (Father's day), and in the course of the conversation he asks me how's church? I told him I no longer attended that church; how to tell him that I'm totally disillusioned with many of the values that he so carefully tried to instill in me? In all fairness, I'm quite certain he believed them then and still does. Life was a lot simpler when the answers all seemed clean and clear-cut. Unfortunately, accepting these answers as gospel truth also entailed summarily dismissing large groups of people as unacceptable, and doing so in ignorance of other perspectives.

In MBTI, thy say that J types are more confident. INTJ's for example, tend to think that if they have enough data they can come up with the *right* decision. An INTP, on the other hand, is concerned that a: he/she may be lacking some vital piece of data and b: maybe there is not one right decision? We are forever second guessing ourselves and past decisions, what could have been done differently. Not very conducive to confidence! I'm pretty certain my dad must be a J, secure in the knowledge that the right answers are out there. Probably he's an ISTJ. It kind of explains why people tend to get irritated with me; I don't have a problem with questioning any strongly held belief or viewpoint, including my own (what if it's wrong?) and some folks find this threatening.

On the homestead: new baby ducklings (7-8 of them). And the strawberries are turning pink- should be ripe in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment