Saturday, March 23, 2013

I feel useless. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to grow up in a family in which art was valued, nurtured and encouraged. Or if I'd grown up in a farming family. There were advantages to being born to a medical family, but as a result, I've always been pushed towards medicine, a field which is highly interesting, but requires math skills and/or social skills in order to succeed. Meanwhile, my true passions- all of them- art, animals, plants....went untended, unappreciated. Any one of these areas could have been cultivated with much greater success than trying to develop an affinity for math in a person who just doesn't have it.

It isn't that I'm blaming anyone; I don't mean it that way. But I lack confidence and belief in myself, in the very areas where my strength lies, because these areas have always been overlooked an tossed aside as only being worthy of hobbies or pastimes. I know, intellectually, that I have value and talent, but that recognition never really sinks in to my core/self worth. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment