Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I am farmsitting for my former partner/father of my kids. It's fun to milk the goats and do the farm stuff...and I am really appreciating and enjoying the rich biodiversity of the place, which has been managed organically for the past 20+ years. :-)

Rants:

  • Coffee shops that have a cutoff time for the wifi and don't inform you of this! What sucks even more is when you were in the middle of something (homework, a test, an important email, etc) and you lose connection. I circumvented it this time by simply rebooting the computer, but I won't be returning to this place, nor to any other which kicks me offline without warning. It isn't the time limit that's unacceptable, it's the lack of communication, which can seriously fuck things up if you don't know. I boycott all coffee shops that do this.
  • The disorganization of my life and stuff. Working on it. I need to be able to find what I want when I want it, and to have a clear idea of what I have left and what was lost in the fire/foreclosure.
  • Goats without names (in other words, they don't respond to their name because they don't have one) who run away instead of coming to be milked! Then when I'm done milking them, they bolt away as if I just did something awful to them. :-( Oh well.
  • The rain is wonderful and I'm happy for it, but it's severely affecting my ability to get outside work done.
  • I need to be cuddled and held and hugged and touched and slept next to. Not only is it not happening, I don't know if it's ever going to happen again. Not complaining too much, because I do like sex, but frankly, for all my touch to come only from sex isn't...well, somehow it isn't exactly the way I want things to be. Even if I were getting to have sex every single day (what a happy thought!), having that be the sole source of touch and physical human contact would be a little disheartening. But on the other hand, I don't want it to be an all or nothing sort of thing, either....I don't know. Probably I should just shut up and be happy with what I can get. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment