Friday, August 04, 2006

Man, I'm tired. Sore, too.....can't wait until I get those boots. If they don't help at all, I don't know what I'll do......

But I'm thinking...people tend to whine and gripe if they're not perfectly, absolutely comfortable and 100% pain free. The more I think about it, the more unreasonable this seems. How likely is that to happen to an adult? And since it's so unlikely, at least for extended periods of time, if a person honestly expects that and makes it a factor of personal happiness, I think they're going to go about life slightly dissatisfied most of the time, when in reality, we ought to be glad we're not infested with tapeworms or living on the edge of starvation or in some third world country with no serious medical facilities.

I think about my friend Daniel Haugen (he was my first love and fiance) dying of cancer, of the pain he was in, and the morphine. He was such a religuously health foody, natural sort that I think he must have been in tremendous, unspeakable pain to have submitted to that. That's pain. These aching joints and sore muscles? Eh....normal wear and tear of daily life.

Still.....I'm holding out for those boots. I need to be able to walk around quickly to do my job well.

No comments:

Post a Comment