Saturday, February 05, 2011

Goals for the next 2-3 years

  • Figure out what the heck I am majoring in and go for that. OK, that isn't very clear cut. So how about....finish my 2 year degree and explore possible mentoring activities in the direction I want to go in (once I nail down what that is, exactly). It would be nice to get the 4 year degree as well, but I really don't want to move.

  • See my son succeed in high school, help him do whatever he has to do to get to that point.

  • And of course, the other kids...but that's more complicated, because I am only half the parenting unit.

  • Start bringing in some money somehow, whether it's a job or selling pottery or growing market crops or whatever, and start eliminating some of the debt I am carrying.

  • Work on personal issues relating to abuse, etc, so that I can live proactively instead of feeling like life is something that happens to me that I then have to react to.

  • I would really like to get rid of a lot of the stuff I don't want or use, and upgrade to things that are made of natural materials and or are handmade or high quality. I am sick and tired of crappy plastic stuff.

  • Get my body back...the physically fit body I used to have. I don't want to be just lean, I would like to be toned and strong again. Also, exercise reduces the risk of osteoporosis. In order to do this, I will have to come up with something that can be done all year round.

  • To grow my hair out longer and see if I can live with it that way. (totally shallow, pointless goal...sorry).

  • I want to resume doing the stuff I used to do; spinning wool, making things, trialing vegetable varieties and saving seeds, collecting herbs for tea, art, maybe even quilting. The stuff that made me, me, if you know what I mean. I need to find all the little pieces of myself and put them back together.

  • And it would be really nice if I could come up with some sort of a viable plan for having an apple orchard and a stable place to grow things, even if this involves a long term lease rather than actual land ownership.

  • Also would like to explore more in the area of food, in terms of cooking and eating it. Son #2 likes this sort of thing, so it is a good mom/son activity.

  • Find some kind of guide to the trails around here and get out and hike/climb them. Would be really nice to learn how to rock climb!! Then I could do Chimney Rock. This would be a good thing to do with my oldest resident son.

  • Get a reliable vehicle...because by then, my poor old truck will be toast! :-(

  • --> Read some of the classic books that I have been meaning to read, the sort that all literate people should read. (according to who?) well, you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment