Monday, February 21, 2011

Sigh....what else....

I'm getting better with using the spindle, making stronger yarn and at a much faster pace than before. There is a hat I want to make, and it requires yarn in black and 6-7 other colors. I'm not following the colors that the pattern asks for exactly, because I like blue far too well to have it appear only once! So far I've made pthalo blue, violet, and red, and now I am working on a deeper shade of blue. I already made that beautiful, beautiful shade of blue that I like the best, but it doesn't go into this hat. I'm almost done with the hat that has that shade. For this hat, the colors have to sequence like this: black, red, violet, blue, green, yellow, golden-orange, black. Or I could go....black, green, blue (pthalo), blue dk, violet, red, orange, yellow, black. Yeah. I think I will do it that way.

So I washed the wool and it's drying on a rack above the bathtub. Then a friend came over with half a deer. Most of it was in chunks but some of it needed packaging. Then we cut up the rest using a Saws-all, which was a new experience for me. I spent about an hour talking on the phone to a lady who I called looking for fiber goats, and she has Saanens....and by the time we were done talking, I had my heart set on getting into Saanens instead! Saanens were my first love in dairy goats...they have such a calm, gentle personality, so mellow, quiet, and easygoing but still intelligent. There is something soothing about a Saanen. The only thing is, I can't have a goat here. I would have to board her with my friend, so I couldn't just walk out my back door and go cry on my goat like I used to.

And I bought garden seeds to plant. I don't really feel like it today, but the seed rack was there....and I can't resist seeds. Tomorrow I'll try to post what i want to plant and what I have.

And I am coming up with all kinds of wacky ideas for structures made with cattle panels. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment