Monday, May 02, 2011

Also---> have decided I like fishing. I like it a lot, in fact. My prior aversion to it had to do with feeling sorry for the worms being impaled on the hooks, then feeling sorry for the fish and also, not really liking to eat fish.
However:

Worms don't have brains...I know this because I dissected them in zoology class.

Brook trout, rainbow trout, and lake trout are all non-native species that are hard on the cutthroat trout population (crossing my fingers and hoping this is accurate!). So I am doing the ecology of the area a favor when I catch them.

Trout don't taste fishy, at all. I was afraid to try them before, but they are really, really good.

Also- if it is still being offered this year, Fish and Game has all kinds of cash incentives for catching rainbow and lake trout. I am not sure about the brook trout yet, but am planning to find out.

If I am going to eat meat, it makes an awful lot of sense to eat trout from this area as opposed to ocean fish caught under conditions which endanger sea turtles and dolphins and whales and sharks, etc etc....

Yep, fishing is definitely a worthwhile use of time. :-)

But----> I will fish only for non-native species...which won't be much of a burden at all, considering how incredibly tasty they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment