Monday, April 04, 2011

Happy happy happy.... Had a great time in ceramics class. There was a ton of newly fired glazed stuff, of which I am only keeping 2 pieces and selling or giving away the rest...Oh, wait. That isn't true! I am not counting the fish. Ah yes, the fish...the fish. There is a student art show, and the two best fish, "Ugly" and "Sea Bass" have been entered for consideration by the jury who selects which pieces make it into the show. The other two, a female salmon and a...hell, I don't know, maybe a sunfish???, are in the display case, along with a rectangular plate with twig impressions. In other words, I didn't bring home any fish even though all four of them were fired. I am keeping an ermine and one of the mistake bowls with the rippled rim. They never look like mistakes, and this one is especially nice. :-)

Then I made a large (no specific type) fish, and got most of the way through making one of those vicious deep sea fish with the hatchet face (I think they're called hatchetfish) and scary teeth...and...class was over too soon. It was a good day.

Now I have to price the stuff that is going to Monarch Mountain because my supply there is running low, and at least one of the pieces that's left has been sitting there for a few months, so it needs to be pulled.

No comments:

Post a Comment