Sunday, September 09, 2012

Thinking.....I want to plant strawberries. I have had strawberry plants offered to me. I don't especially relish the though of digging hundreds of square feet of soil for strawberry beds. In fact, I don't even want to dig up one square foot of soil. Aside from the time, work and resultant aches and pains involved, I don't like upsetting the balance of the microorganisms in the soil, and I hate chopping up the earthworms, which is almost unavoidable every time you push a spade into the soil.

Hmmmmm......

Straw bale beds over a layer of recycled cardboard. I would still have to get some compost/rotted manure....but I know where to get some of that. The main thing is going to be the straw bales. I could use old hay bales that've been rained on instead. OK, so where to get those from?

No comments:

Post a Comment