Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Depressed. I don't even know how to put it into words.

The shawl I was working on is finished now and blocked into shape. The texture of the yarn was mentioned before as being scratchy and unpleasant; this must have been due to something applied to the wool, because after being washed and soaked prior to blocking and then dried, it feels much softer, totally different. Am now starting on another crochet lace scarf, this time in a light brown wool/mohair blend which already feels soft now and will probably only improve.

Still...the new job has set up a nagging within me, not to quit drawing, painting, working with clay. That's my intention anyway...but then I look at my work and the recent stuff is so crappy. It's so self-conscious, feels so contrived. Still, the only way to improve is to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment