Monday, February 13, 2012

I won't lie. I'm dreading this week. I'm afraid of it. So please, folks, be nice to me or just leave me alone. Save the little talks, the little condescensions, the kindly insults, the control trips, for next week. This week teems with ghosts and flashbacks of times so bad and so good that they seem more like hallucinations than memories.

There is nothing so urgent that it cannot wait until next Monday.

And....I was taking the first test for my class last night, was almost finished with it, when the internet connection went down. I tried and tried and tried to reconnect, to resend, to no avail. There are no retakes. I am just sick over this. I should never have enrolled in college while living where I do as it has been nearly impossible to pass a class due to transportation and internet difficulties. It is not free to live here; it is really fucking expensive when you fail one class after another for very petty reasons and when the alternative is to get internet in town at coffee shops (or the library when it's open).

Edited to add: apparently it saved some of the answers, not all of them, and submitted them. I got a D. I feel like crying. :-( To make matters worse, the "correct" answers to some of the questions are not, in fact, correct. For example, the ancient Greeks may have prescribed marriage as a cure for hysteria, but this was because pregnancy was supposed to lubricate and calm the uterus; therefore the Greek cure for hysteria was pregnancy, not marriage. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment