Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Afraid. I don't know if I can trust my new therapist, or how far. And I am so tired of normal people telling me to simply stop thinking about whatever it is they think I am thinking too much about. Hey folks, get a clue- I am not really able to stop thinking about something. It's part of being on the autism spectrum. You may be able to, but please accept that I cannot. I can divert myself, can put myself in an environment that will distract my mind, but I cannot simply close a door on a train of thought or on a particular subject.

All I can say is that it has become obvious to me that I am not going to be able to talk to her about the thing which hurts me most. She will be very helpful regarding side issues which tie into that and she is probably the ideal choice for working through the trauma stuff. But as for the heart of the matter, no.

(edited to add)- How much am I going to be able to accomplish with someone that I don't know if I can trust?? Trust is one of those essential things for me. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment