Saturday, January 28, 2012

I suppose it will come off as a misplaced sense of priorities, but I would really like to get involved in some kind of charity work.

Such as, for example, making weighted blankets for kids who are on the autism spectrum or who have other sensory issues. These blankets are so expensive to buy, relatively easy to make and they make a world of difference for the children who need them. I hear of people who need them and cannot afford one on a regular basis...or people who think a weighted blanket might help their child but who cannot afford to shell out $200 without being certain if it would make a difference or not. Therefore, it might also be nice to have loaner blankets that people could borrow for a few weeks.

I don't think I could do it by myself. I'd need help. The fabric could be gotten easily and cheaply; the weighted poly beads are the biggest expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment