Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fell on the ice yesterday morning and it didn't hurt so much at the time, but today has been a little more noticeable. It's certainly made me more careful.

And. Hmm...I don't know how to say it. I'm feeling better, a little bit at a time and I have decided to stay away from things that trigger childhood/early adulthood issues for now. Until I can cope with them, there isn't a lot of point in it. Things like animal cruelty, child abuse, freaky religions that subjugate women....there will be time for me to deal with this stuff once I learn the grounding techniques for coping with it. It's not that I'm denying it, but why rub my own nose in things that I know will hurt me?

Also: the longer I'm alone, the more it is sinking in and really penetrating: my body, life and time belong to me. Choices about what to do with these things are not anyone else's to make. If someone tries to act in a manner that is not consistent with that, I do not need to feel guilty or obligated. End of story.

This is such a relief to realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment