Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Planted most of my perennial herbs in the Holzer style raised bed. It now has, on the peak, sugar snap peas just coming up, an apple seedling, a Rosa glauca, and on the rest of the bed (especially around the perimeter at the base), spearmint, peppermint, comfrey, chives, monarda, calendulas, valerian, borage, lemon balm, thyme, lavender, rosemary and others. On the sloped sides (about 45 degrees), I will seed in a late summer sowing of lettuce, spinach, broccoli and other greens which will mature before the ground freezes. It was satisfying to get this done before leaving for town in time to get to my first appointment of the day which was....

Orientation for my new volunteer position (the idea here is to prove myself as a volunteer and get hired eventually, hopefully a sooner sort of "eventually" than later. I love it here already. I can hyper focus and perseverate on order and categorizing all I want and they'll be tickled pink about it! :-)

Then I spent some girl time with my daughter, because it's her birthday. We were short on time due to being sandwiched between appointments, but hope to plan some more of this at some future time....

No comments:

Post a Comment