Friday, September 16, 2011

At a new (to me) coffee shop. The coffee is fantastic....decaf only these days.... They have a nice gluten free selection of baked goods (such a relief compared to the tempting offerings at most other places!) and the work of another potter that I haven't encountered before. They are also selling some coconut sap crystals, low glycemic alternative sweetener. I think of you immediately and wonder if you've tried these and what they taste like.

I use so little maple syrup and honey and even less sucanat....that I can't really justify buying any other sweetener anyway. Our gallon of honey will be long crystallized before I use it up, unless of course, I make applesauce when the apple harvest comes up (soon!! Hooray!). I loooooove homemade applesauce, thick and pink with pectin and apple skins, still tart because it's not all sugared up.....with a little bit of oatmeal or granola for breakfast.

Heh...I think my appetite is returning. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment