I don't want it to be where I live because:
- The energy here is one of anxiety. Anxiety kills creativity. I need to be able to relax in this space
- I cannot lay stuff out and have it ready to use here, because my living quarters get inspected once a week and often more than that.
- Also....oil paints, turpentine....I could cover the floor and walls with plastic or canvas or drop clothes to protect a space, but then, I would fail the inspection.
- Also, my small children do not realize that I have these supplies, and I'd rather they don't figure that out.
- I need to feel safe in the space, the art supplies need to be safe, and my work (in progress and finished) needs to be safe as well.
- The Arts Alliance building will work for my clay/pottery, but as it is, there is not room there to store a small box of clay. I have to bring it in, work, pack it all up again and leave with it. This is time consuming. I am willing to do it for pottery because I have so few other options, but I am totally unwilling to do it for drawing, painting, etc.
Footnote: The hike was great. Meditating out in the woods did wonders for my right brain, and I came down from the trail feeling renewed and relaxed....full of all kinds of new ideas to implement (clay). And then I came home and the reality of my circumstances slapped me in the face.....and now I just feel tired...defeated...and I want to move. I have no idea where I could possibly move to, I can afford nothing.