Saturday, September 24, 2011

From a neurodiversity blog: It is never okay

Kyriolexy, I love you for having written this. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I have felt damaged for having been abused. I have felt not-good-enough. I was afraid to tell my fiance for fear he would regard me as damaged, when telling him was exactly what I should have done. I still feel like I am less worthy than women who have not been abused, molested or raped. I wonder if this is why the nice guys, the men I fall hard for, often don't want me. Undeniably, I feel envious of women who have grown to and through adulthood with that sort of trauma....and enraged when they discount or point the finger at women who have. Society seems ever ready to condone or forgive the abusers while telling me to "just get over it".

And I cannot pretend that doesn't hurt....but change begins here...at home, with me. Thank you....so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment