Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bookbag contents (an exhaustive list):
  • New prescription for ADD. Hopefully this doesn't turn me into a screaming bitch, like Strattera did.
  • Dazzle Gradually. I am still reading this very interesting book.
  • Love in the Time of Cholera, because I liked the movie so well that I figured the book must be even better.
  • Sepp Holzer's Permaculture . I love this book. I don't agree with everything the guy does (using excavators and heavy machinery to build terraces and raised beds), but overall this is probably the most worthwhile book on farming I've come across yet. Here is an article by a guy who went to meet the author!
  • Amazing Crochet Lace. Must be the fifth or sixth time I've taken this book out from the library.
  • Encyclopedia of Crochet
  • My sketchbook
  • Crochet 200 Q&A. This is the book that has the rose pattern I am currently learning.
  • Mohair/wool blend yarn + crochet hook + a partially finished rose
  • Some dark gray merino wool yarn, fine and soft. I was thinking of making a shawl from the Crochet Lace book with this, but am concerned about dark gray + wool + crochet + shawl making me look old. It is the right weight to make socks from. I have a new goal of learning how to knit socks. Not anytime soon...the yarn should stay at home until then!
  • Eleven more bamboo crochet hooks other than the one being used for the rose...just in case I need them.
  • Six Liquid Stylist fine point pens in an array of colors. These are my favorite pens, whether for art or writing. They are very smooth with no drag, rich, full color, sensuous line.
  • nail clipper
  • deodorant? This should be in the bag for the health club....
  • Two Pigma pens. These are also very good art pens, waterproof when dry, can be used on fabric and will not ever run. They don't flow as nicely as the Liquid Stylist pens, though.
  • a cable to connect an MP3 player to the computer
  • mechanical pencil lead, 0.5 mm and the Technica-X mechanical pencil that uses them. Probably my favorite mechanical pencil, even though the eraser is so dinky as to cause a person to feel very insecure about making any mistakes at all.
  • Set of 4 Faber Castell Artist pens, in black. India ink, waterproof, smudgeproof, lightfast....they still don't feel as nice as the Liquid Stylist pens, even though there are 4 different tips ranging from very fine to brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment