Monday, July 02, 2012

Sometimes I look at my life and it's so complicated, so messy, so interconnected and hard to coordinate and impossible seeming. I need to sit down and try to figure out ways to simplify things, make it easier to deal with, if it can be done at all.

I'm so tired just now...the very bright, glaring sun gives me headaches...but what I was trying to say and am not centered enough to say concisely, is that when it seems impossible, when I feel like it's too much, I think of you and feel stronger, more determined to keep trying to forge ahead through life.

It's like being lost at night in a forest with frightening sounds, stumbling over logs and stumps, getting bruised and scratched up from running into things, trying not to panic. It feels as though there are animal eyes in the darkness, but the flashlight battery has long gone too dim to see. So what you do is to feel for the path with your feet, and you sing to keep the fear away, to keep the animals away, to keep going. And for me, you are that song. You are the song that my heart sings so that hope does not flee entirely, so that I have the courage to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment